Re: Wood Framing - Upgrade or Not

A few years back San Francisco started enforcing a policy where it was not
allowed to make seismic improvements unless a complete story upgrade was
provided from that floor to grade, even if voluntary. I beleive this
eventually ended up in the D.A.'s office. (Bob Bossi is most familiar with
this.)  In any event, the work around was that the words "shearwall or
seismic" could never be used on the plans and as Bruce pointed out plywood
was added....not shearwalls.

Jeff Smith