RE: Snow Drift Loads on Roofs with Slope Cha

My $.02 worth:

Based on Fig. A-16-6, I would take Wb as the width of the A-frame at the
level of the bump-out (slightly more conservative to take it as total width
of the A-frame at eave level).  Hr would be height of the A-frame above the
bump-out, and Hb the snow depth on the bump-out without drift from the upper
roof.  Note the surcharge for sliding snow per Fig. A-16-6 and Para. 1641.4
A rough check would be to calculate the weight of all the snow  falling on
the bump-out side of the A-frame ridge, and assign it to the bump-out roof
as a triangular or trapezoidal load.  The logic would be that you can't
accumulate more snow than a flat roof with the same vertical projection
would catch, and the worst case would have all the snow sliding onto the
bump-out.