Re: Snow Drift Loads on Roofs with Slope

Thanks Dick Horning and Jim Kestner for the quick response to my post.

After I posted the message, I read the definitions in the UBC Appendix,
instead of looking at the figures, and found that W(b) is to be not less than
50' and not more than 500'!  (I guess that my old military training crept in
--- "This document is so secret, destroy before reading!")  That took care of
my question about W(b).

Both Dick and Jim basically took the same approach with regard to h(r), which
I will use.  This list is great for us when we get in that rut and can't see
out.

Thanks!

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona