Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wd: Oversized holes in sill plates[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wd: Oversized holes in sill plates
- From: "Livingston, Michael" <mike.livingston(--nospam--at)intres.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:09:14 -0800
Does anyone have any data for allowable loads in sill plates that have been drilled larger than 1/16th inch over the diameter? We're investigating an existing building, and the proposed fix is to add epoxy in the bolt-holes. As this can be an expensive prospect, I'm curious if there are some reduced values for different sizes of overdrilling. Any help/opinions would be appreciated. Also, does anyone have any opinions on the epoxy fix? Do holes that are only a bit overdrilled pose a problem for getting the epoxy to fill the hole to the bottom? Mike Livingston, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: waterproofing
- Next by Subject: Re: Wd: Oversized holes in sill plates
- Previous by thread: Re: Shrinkage-Compensating Concrete
- Next by thread: RE: Oversized holes in sill plates