From: Livingston, Michael [mailto:mike.livingston(--nospam--at)intres.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 1998 2:09 PM
To: 'seaoc'
Subject: Wd: Oversized holes in sill plates

Does anyone have any data for allowable loads in sill plates that have
been drilled larger than 1/16th inch over the diameter?  We're
investigating an existing building, and the proposed fix is to add epoxy
in the bolt-holes.  As this can be an expensive prospect, I'm curious if
there are some reduced values for different sizes of overdrilling.  Any
help/opinions would be appreciated.
Also, does anyone have any opinions on the epoxy fix?  Do holes that are
only a bit overdrilled pose a problem for getting the epoxy to fill the
hole to the bottom?
Mike Livingston, S.E.