Re: Wd: Oversized holes in sill plates

I have used a product primarily used in the boat building industry called
West Epoxy System / with micro balloon filler material. The material is
used to epoxy threaded rods in balsa core, cledusel and plywood to increase
the bearing capacity against the substrate.

You need to be familiar with the product (ie read the instructions) and
make sure the applicator is ICBO certified with the use of epoxy materials.
Special inspection is required.

They have done testing on the following subjects:
Compression strength perpendicular to grain D.F.
Cross Grain tangential tests of Douglas Fir
Finger joint testing
Turbine blade testing using D.F,

They have a really neat article on the use of there system on the repair of
the Wingspread House yet
another Frank LLoyd Wright "structural masterpiece" that required extensive
repair.

Call
Gougeon Brothers INC
Bay City MI