Re: Premanufactured wood trusses without diagonal

I am reviewing a truss submittal where the truss manufacturer has used a
rectangular panel in the truss in the center to make room for duct and some
light equipment.  When I asked about the moments in the members around the
rectangular panel, I was told that the program is designed to handle panels
without diagonals and that the interaction equation shows the effects of axial
and bending forces.  When asked about the ability of the connector plates to
transfer moments, I was told that an ICBO report would be faxed to me.

I would like to know if others have reviewed trusses like this and what
comments they have.

Thanks

Anand Nene, S. E.
ANSE