RE: Premanufactured wood trusses without diagonal

Anand-

Make sure they have analyzed for any unbalanced loading that may occur.  A
Vierendeel panel as you are describing at midspan will usually look ok with
a uniform load because the loading near midspan is maximum moment (i.e.,
high chord forces which the chords will probably handle), low shear on the
truss (little shear force to take in the chords).  If the loading is
unbalanced, the shear load rises (the chords may not be able to handle this
shear) and they often don't work well.  Under the unbalanced load
condition, deflection can sometimes be a problem, due to flexure of the
chords.

Christopher Wright's suggestion of requiring them to show you free body
diagrams at the panel is excellent (if they can't do it, they probably just
have a technician running the program with little, if any, engineering
review), but don't accept just a uniform load condition because it probably
doesn't control.

Bill Cain, S.E.
Oakland, CA