Re: Premanufactured wood trusses without

Anand,

If the person that you talked to cannot tell you any more than "the program
...", then he/she has no idea what the program did/does and is merely sealing
someone else's calculations.

I would not accept anything until I was satisfied that the trusses were
appropriately designed.

AFIK, ICBO, or anybody else, does not issue approvals for computer programs.

Is the truss designed for unbalanced loading?

Good Luck,

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

. > I am reviewing a truss submittal where the truss manufacturer has used a
. > rectangular panel in the truss in the center to make room for duct and
. > some light equipment.  When I asked about the moments in the members
. > around the rectangular panel, I was told that the program is designed to
. > handle panels without diagonals and that the interaction equation shows
. > the effects of axial and bending forces. When asked about the ability of
. > the connector plates to transfer moments, I was told that an ICBO report
. > would be faxed to me.
. >
. > I would like to know if others have reviewed trusses like this and what
. > comments they have.
. >
. >