RE: The Future of Windows

How about Mac OS 8.5?  As far as I know, it STILL is not a preemptive
multitasking system--well, neither is Windows 98, for that matter--and it
almost sounds as though Apple threw in the towel as far as EVER having such
a system.

Is there a version of Linux for the Mac?

FWIW, in 1994 I worked for about 10 months for a structural employer that
used Macintosh.  I really did enjoy using the system for the most part, but
the OS--I think it was 7.x, I had one of the earliest PowerMacs at the
time--was not quite there compared to OS/2, for example.

Just wondering where they are now.