Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
44 ksi Steel used in Canada ?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: 44 ksi Steel used in Canada ?
- From: James_F_Fulton(--nospam--at)RohmHaas.Com (James F Fulton)
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:55:05 -0500
I am working on a project that involves a chemical plant in West Hill, Ontario. In a 1975 report, the engineer says the structural steel used has a yield of 44,000 psi. Is there a grade of steel used there with this minimum specified yield, or I am wondering if it is A36 and he is giving the tested yield? There is also a beam identified as 15 x 5-1/2 I 42.9 and one that is 18 I @ 54.7 with section modulus stated as 89.3. I don't see anything exactly like that in the AISC. Are these Canadian sizes ? Thanks, Jim Fulton
- Prev by Subject: 1999 Rose Bowl
- Next by Subject: RE: 44 ksi Steel used in Canada ?
- Previous by thread: Structural Sofwares
- Next by thread: RE: 44 ksi Steel used in Canada ?