RE: 44 ksi Steel used in Canada ?

This is the typical steel used since 1964 +/- until recently. Canadian Standard CSA G40.21-M is the standard for Structural Quality Steel. Since 1997 the standard has been 50 ksi.
The sections are an S15x42.9 and an S18x54.7. The can relate in size to the old American Standard beam sections (I think). Sounds like you are working on some large lift beams for under running trolleys.

David Handy, P.Eng
The Thompson Rosemount Group
Cornwall, Ontario, CANADA
dhandy(--nospam--at)trg.ca
The preceding was an off the record personal opinion only! (cya)