Re: BUSINESS: Filing (scanning) Systems (for paper)

Dennis S. Wish PE ,

Visioneer's Paperport Deluxe sounds interesting but I would be concerned about
the longevity of a proprietary product - will they be around in the future
(Windows 2008) so that you can still access your stored files.  We have Brother
fax machine w/ scanner that can sote documents to a file format called .uni (I
think this is proprietary as well) its viewer is great and I would like to scan
some of our files and put them on CD rom but am afraid that down the line if the
viewer isn't updated we wont be able to access the files - Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Steven Baldridge, P.E., S.E.