Re: Multi-Frame - Any Users

Multiframe 4D is compatable with a PC.

For a Mac it requires 8 Mb of memory, and for the PC it requires Windows
'95/NT and 16 Mb of memory.

The manual states that:
	"Multiframe uses the matrix stiffness method of solution for solving a
system of simultaneous equations to determine the forces and deflections
in a structure.  Multiframe carries out a first order, linear elastic
analysis to determine these forces and deflections."

I have analyzed two structures on this program.  A simple steel frame with
lateral bracing (2 dimensional) and a 3 dimensional concrete frame.  We
have two other programs (they may be part of multiframe) that are used in
conjunction with Multiframe.  They are "Section Maker" and "Steel
Designer".  The section maker is for (of course) creating your own
sections, and the steel designer... well I don't think I need to explain
that one.  I have used the section maker to create concrete sections for a
frame, and it is easy to use. I have not used the steel designer.

For more information call

formation Design Systems  PTY Ltd.
5550 Scotts Valley Drive #200
Scotts Valley,  CA  95066
Ph:  (408) 440.0702
Fax: (408) 440.0705

good luck

grant courtney
structural engineer intern
Wallace Engineering Structural Consultants
Tulsa, OK