Subject: 44 ksi Steel used in Canada ?
Author:  James_F_Fulton(--nospam--at)RohmHaas.Com (James F Fulton) at fdinet
Date:    10/29/98 2:55 PM

I am working on a project that involves a chemical plant in West Hill,
Ontario. In a 1975 report, the engineer says the structural steel  used has a
yield of 44,000 psi. Is there a grade of steel used there with this minimum
specified yield, or I am wondering if it is A36 and he is giving the tested
yield?

There is also a beam identified as 15 x 5-1/2 I 42.9 and one that is
18 I @ 54.7 with section modulus stated as 89.3. I don't see anything exactly
like that in the AISC. Are these Canadian sizes ?

Thanks,

Jim Fulton