RE: Wood Fr-Upgr : What I'll do and two more questions

The question assumed disclosure was required for a deficiency that existed
in the structure. I don't believe this was the case.  The home was designed
by a Los Angeles based Architect and permits were issued by the local
municipality at the time. Therefore, I don't believe this to be a deficiency
but a limitation based upon allowable use of the code at the time.
Is it correct to assume that once a change is applied to the home (ie,
addition added) the remainder of the existing structure is no longer in
conformance and shall be treated as deficient? I don't think that was the
intent that Fred Turner and others pointed out in the Uniform Code for
Building Conservation.
Considering the intent of the UCBC, this home would not be deficient and, I
believe, would have nothing to disclose.
Possibly a statement of design intention and requesting that the owner
maintain a copy of the plans on the residence (or concealed within the
residence) will help future owners (and their engineers) who wish to follow
the chronological changes made to the structure.

I may be carrying this a bit farther than I anticipated, but "What are the
limitations of disclosure?"

Dennis