From: Paul Ransom [mailto:ad026(--nospam--at)hwcn.org]
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 1998 1:37 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: seaint Digest for 29 Oct 1998

Multi-Frame was originally Mac but they have recently introduced a
Windows version. The Manuals are combined so they are very closely
related with some variations in presentation.

I work on the Mac version, and find it to be a very useful programme
with better interface than some, especially for the price. I like the
presentation and easy way to control members, nodes and loads, including
the ability to renumber and to move the origin.

Analysis can be conducted in either the modelling or design modules but
I am frustrated by the fact that it is done in separate modules.

I like the ability to export Quicktime movies/stills of deflections and
stress response but I am not very enthusiastic with the numeric report
format.

I REALLY prefer to use SODA by Acronym Software for DESIGN of larger
steel frame structures but I will use Multi-frame for quick stuff and
special requirements.