Off the wall

To Any and All:

Time for a brake and a check on what you have seen and remember.

Recently My wife and I purchased an antique wood folding desk. Now as I
remember there were only two organizations that used these in any quantity
the military (metal ones still in use) and field Surveyors and Engineers.

Does anyone remember who made the ones for the Engineers and Surveyors.

Does anyone besides myself remember seeing them in old pictures (period
stills not Hollywood epics)

The only markings on this one are the traces of a paint on or stick on
label and a stamped serial number ( 131 ) on the desk drawer.

Thanks for any help.

Robert W. Stevens, Jr., P.E.
Consulting Engineer
Ph:	(412) 974-4307