Re: Los Angeles ASCE Forensic Engineering meeting, Nov. 10

Rick Ranous, formerly Senior Structural Engineer with the California Office of
Emergency Services, is our November speaker.  His topic is:

"Why Do We Need Repair Codes and Standards?"

Mr. Ranous developed the Post-Disaster Safety Assessment Program for the OES.
This program provides engineers to public agencies to assist in safety
evaluations of damaged structures.  His presentation will focus on building
repair standards and the need for government agencies to adopt comprehensive
repair codes.

The meeting will be held at the Wyndham Garden Hotel at the Citadel, 5757
Telegraph Road, City of Commerce.  Dinner and the program start at 7:00 pm.
Cost is $25 per preson with reservations, $27 at the door.

For reservations, please call Steve Helfrich, 909-792-7366.