Design fee guidelines

Bill,

Check out Means estimating manuals --- in the back half where they explain
how they worked up their cost figures ("Circle Reference Numbers").  It gives
architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical fees "... below which
adequate service cannot be expected."

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Bill Coburn wrote:

. > We are attempting to find design fee guidelines with fees determined as
. > a percentage of the construction costs, as designers, construction
. > manager and/or design/build.  Obviously a  percentage on a parking
. > structure would be higher than an residential or commercial structure.
. > Can anyone suggest a source for this type of information?  Naturally
. > these percentages could not be project specific and will be used as a
. > guideline/starting point only.
. > We would also be grateful to anyone who could provide information based
. > on past projects they have been involved with, i.e., cost for services
. > vs. cost of construction.  I can be reached directly at Bill(--nospam--at)Bautech.com
. > or Dan(--nospam--at)Bautech.com
. >