Re: Design fee guidelines

In terms of fees, it all depends on the client.  Some clients we do
the project on a percentage of the structural costs of the project and
try to include the general conditions.  Others want a not to exceed fee
for the job.  The biggest problem is when a client wants to do a rigid
frame building and the project will be put out for bid.  Then it is a
matter of who will do the rigid frame (specification and shop drawing
review).  Some of our clients insist on doing it themselves therefore all
we do is the foundation (which involves trying to determine the forces).
How do others determine their fee for this case?

Mike