Gr 50 column and Gr 50 beams

What is everyone doing when designing a moment frame that have both grade 50
columns and grade 50 beams?  I use to design moment frames with grade 50
columns and A36 beams, this satisfies my, strong column weak beam theory.  But
with just grade 50 columns and beams, my moment connections becomes large with
doubler plates ending up to about 2 inches or more.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Mr. Marlou B. Rodriguez
Engineer