From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 1998 3:36 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: How do we unite professional organizations

Dennis Wish:

The Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) is not duplicating any efforts of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)!  To the best of my knowledge and belief, neither AEI nor NAHB are doing nor intend to do any sort of political posturing!  Your quote from the AEI announcement is accurate, but you apparently have confused "home organization" with "house organization".  AEI has approximately 7,000 members world wide, and deals with the multidisciplinary aspects of building design.  It is the perfect "home organization" for those individuals who view a building as a system comprised of many subsystems such as structural, electrical, HVAC, etc.  AEI is involved with all types of buildings.  To date, most of its effort in residential has been directed toward hotels and multi-family, rather than toward single family. Any work in the area of single family will most certainly be done in concert with, not in competition with, NAHB.

You do not have to be a member of ASCE to be a member of AEI.  For more information, visit the AEI website at http://www.aeinstitute.org/.

I recommend that you also visit the Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) website at http://www.seinstitute.org/.

Best Regards Mi Amigo,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

If it's just us, it's an awful waste of space!
                                 ... "Contact"