From: Yang, Liao/ANC [mailto:LYang(--nospam--at)CH2M.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 1998 11:42 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: ringwall reinforcing design

I need design a concrete ringwall to support a flat bottom anchored water
tank.
The seismic overturn moment and base shear are calculated per AWWA D100.

My question are:
How do I size the ringwall reinforcing Torsion and Shear? Is there
any reference book or standard procedure I can find? Is there any hand
calculation
instead of FEA?

Thanks

Liao