Re: Post-tensioned slab on grade

We recently built an 8" thick post-tensioned slab on grade , with
overall dimensions 120 by 90 feet. The active reinforcement is 1 strand
with 1/2" dia. every 2 feet, in both directions and placed in the middle
depth of the slab.
Now the owner needs two openings of 3 by 8 feet along the edges of the
slab.
I am worried  about cutting the tendons to make room for these openings,
because I'm not sure if the release of energy when I cut them may damage
the slab. Does anyone have any suggestion ?

Juan Carlos Gray