Re: Post-tensioned slab on grade

>We recently built an 8" thick post-tensioned slab on grade , with
>overall dimensions 120 by 90 feet. The active reinforcement is 1 strand
>with 1/2" dia. every 2 feet, in both directions and placed in the middle
>depth of the slab.
>Now the owner needs two openings of 3 by 8 feet along the edges of the
>slab.
>I am worried  about cutting the tendons to make room for these openings,
>because I'm not sure if the release of energy when I cut them may damage
>the slab. Does anyone have any suggestion ?
>

>Juan Carlos Gray

There has to be an anchor that is made specifically for re-anchoring tendons
that need to be cut.  That way, you could expose the tendon beyond the
opening, place a new anchor and wedges and THEN cut the tendon.  Check the
PTI manual, it has lots of information on the various products available.
If nothing else, it lists post-tensioning companies that you could call for
advice and/or products.

Byron