RE: Design via Internet (India & Mexico)

Yes, Dennis, to confirm, my remark was intended as polite fun. No offense
intended.

To answer your hypothetical questions:

If I had to start competing with a fee lower than the effort and risk and
there is NOTHING I can do to become competitive and maintain the lifestyle I
have chosen, then I have a choice: new lifestyle or new profession. What's
so hard about that? Please don't expect the Feds to make that decision for
you.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with making a profit (by anyone, privateer or
publicly traded corporation). Please don't make "profit" sound like a dirty
word.

Look, the field of economics is WAY over my head, but I understand that
wealth is not like water (i.e., a finite amount, never to change). If the
standard of living in countries like Mexico, China and India improve, they
will be able to afford goods and services provided by the U.S. Money comes
in and people want to build new state-of-the-art football stadiums. We get
to design them. So what if the CAD work is actually done in Mexico, China,
Indonesia or India?

The advent of the cotton gin and the assembly line initially put the economy
in chaos. We once (before 1972) had the US Dollar tied to the gold standard
based on the amount of gold in Ft. Knox. If this were still true, we would
now be TOTALLY out of the global market. Small potatoes.

If you don't believe an open market, free enterprise and competition is
good, maybe you should take your practice somewhere where you don't have to
worry about such things. Maybe some of your international colleagues here on
the 'Net would like to trade places with you.

One thing that is constant is change. Get used to it. Above all, we don't
need a protectionist federal government telling us how to make a living.

Regards,
Bill Allen