RE: Design via Internet (India & Mexico)

That's not what I asked.  I asked for your observations of NEGATIVE RESULTS.
A few jobs lost don't measure up. Jobs are lost all the time due to changing
conditions. I'm sure that the buggy-whip guild was devastated by the advent
of the automobile.

I guess what I'm looking for is evidence that you could describe of a drain
on the economy (i.e. "that gi-unt suckin' sound, Larry"!) that free trade
has promulgated.

> Border states do
> rather well, but
> California farmers are not happy with NAFTA as it has
> virtually destroyed
> many border farms in Imperial County.

So do drought and plague. Is it possible that you are ignoring a net gain
from positive effects elsewhere?  I'm suggesting this is very much the case.

> Choosing one localized geographical area is not a true
> indicator of the
> effect NAFTA and GATT has had on the nation. You need to look at all
> industries.

Exactly what I'm suggesting.

> You also need to look at the average income changes due to
> the loss of jobs
> and the finding of new jobs.

Again, please offer statistics on the large-scale downside overall.