RE: Design via Internet (India & Mexico)

Hello:

Just one question: Would you pay  (a) $20,000 for a structural engineering
software that was fully developed in the US and thus help you grandchildren
or  (b) pay $2,000 for the same software that was produced in other parts of
the world.  Well this is a trickyquestion.  If you said yes to (a) then I am
sure you would go bankrupt as you cannot make money out of it.  But if you
said yes to (b), which is what any normal small engineering firm would do,
then you should feel proud that you had helped people in other parts of the
world and also helping yourself.

Looks like there seems to be a lot of bias and selfishness among some of the
members residing in the U.S.  Lets not forget that this mail server is being
read all over the world.

Most of the things in this country (US) is from all over the world.  This
country also boasts that it is a country of immigrants.  If you looks around
immigrants have helped shape the country.  Things in the US is highly
dependent on the global economy.

Do you think that you would be able to survive in this country with the help
from others - By contracting things outside the US, we are giving the people
in other countries a chance to survive.  Have you ever imagined how you
could help bring smiles.  Lets not just worry about this country but the
world as a whole.

Many of the engineering and CAD software are being developed in India.  I
have heard that Intergraph has a big establishment there.  WOULD NOT LIKE TO
HAVE YOUR DRAFTER IN INDIA?  At the end of the day you finish your design,
then just e-mail him the sketches.  Since India is on the other side of the
world, they wake up when you go to sleep.  By your morning you have your
drawings ready.  SO IN REALITY YOU HAVE A 24 HOURS WORKING DAY.  I know
quite a few people who do that.

What we need to stop in reality is the higher management walking out with
the major share of the cake!!!

I don?t think we are being unfair to anyone but to ourself.  I hope this
does not create a flame.

Sincerely,

Aswin