Re: Bamboo structures

One of th IL publications (Lightweight Structures Institute in Stuttgart) is about Bamboo.  This should be an excellent source.

>>> "Maria Isabel Falconi" <maisabel(--nospam--at)ecua.net.ec> 11/05 4:47 PM >>>
Hello all,

Has anyone worked with bamboo stems as columns, truss members, etc?  I'm curious about material properties, durability, jointing, etc.

I have a small "eco-project" in Ecuador and we're looking at constructing in bamboo.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Maria I. Falconi
Guayaquil, Ecuador