Re: Design via Internet (India & Mexico)

<< > hope all you "freeware" advocates are reading this)

 <I find this to be an amusing statement, since some of the most respected
 <software in this day and age are "freeware products" which the developers
 <,use to get a foot in the door for a chance at "added services."  Such
 < high-quality offerings as the various Linux distributions, Netscape and
 <Internet Explorer, Outlook 98, and Corel's office suite for Linux, are
 <examples.

 <Perhaps you need to rethink the snide remark, above.

 Linux? Isn't that the kid with the blanket in "Peanuts"? Oops, there I go
again with another snide remark!

My point is that tools should be evaluated based on the productivity
improvements that can be attributed to them, not on the basis of whether or
not they're "free".Which of the above programs would you use if you had to pay
for them?

If you say "all of them" then the fact that they're free isn't particularly
important, you'd pay for them if you had to. If your answer is "none of them"
then perhaps they aren't really providing much productivity to you after all.
Whether or not they're "freeware" is of no importance.

Earl Conroy
E.C. Engineers