Re: Bamboo structures

I haven't designed with bamboo, but while in Shanghai a few years ago
was fascinated with 30+ story high free-standing scaffolding made
entirely from bamboo lashed together with hemp rope!  My guide thought I
was a little strange for passing up the normal Kodak moments in favor of
these scaffolds.  Standing on the ground looking at the structures I
couldn't imagine how they could stand up, but it's hard to argue with
success.

Phil