RE: Cooperation Between Structural Engineering Organizations

I just received your message (I don't understand why it took 3 days). I
applaud the efforts of these organizations and admit that I did not know any
of this. I believe this is a monumental step and hope that the engineering
community is kept abreast of the work being done.
As great an effort as this is, it is - in my opinion - only a beginning that
should foster the same cooperative agreements between other professional
organizations.
Rawn, as you know from you involvement in SEAoSC, the board feels that the
tools being offered by SEAint should help the work being done by allowing
more engineers who might no have the ability to participate, become an
active member.
This may require some additions or modifications to the historic way
committees work but those involved with SEAint (speaking from conversations
I've had with many) believe that the tools available through our server
(lists, email accounts, real-time chat, teleconferencing etc) can augment
the work being done by the joint efforts. I hope that you will help promote
the use of these tools if only to allow engineers who have not had the
ability to participate may be able to offer their suggestions and support
for the work being done.

Dennis Wish PE