Plan check submittals and shop drawings

QUESTION:  Mike Brown's post inquired, "Does that mean the Architect of
record stamps and signs all the documents including the structural sheets
and calculations?"

ANSWER:  Yes.  Or at least that's what my friend at DSA reports the
California State Architect, Mr. Hummel, told him he believed they are and
should be doing for the public school projects under his jurisdiction.

>From my own experience, some architects do in fact overstamp the entire
package without objection.

Maybe the average architect's thinking on the subjects of professionalism
and responsibility are fundamentally different than those of the average
engineer?

Drew Norman, S.E.
Drew A. Norman and Associates