Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Bamboo structures[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Bamboo structures
- From: Rlfong(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 20:28:22 EST
When I was visiting Taiwan and Hong Kong back in 76, I saw, and was told, this is the way buildings are built, with bamboo exterior scaffolding that went 10 or more stories up. The day after the typhoon hit, the scaffolding was all down in a big pile, which they were re-erecting. Ron Fong Fremont, CA In a message dated 11/5/98 11:31 PM Pacific Standard Time, Phil Hodge [mailto:phil(--nospam--at)joistdesign.com] writes: > but while in Shanghai a few years ago > was fascinated with 30+ story high free-standing scaffolding made > entirely from bamboo lashed together with hemp rope!
- Prev by Subject: Re: Bamboo structures
- Next by Subject: Re: RE: Bamboo structures
- Previous by thread: Re: Bamboo structures
- Next by thread: Re: RE: Bamboo structures