Re: ringwall reinforcing design

The ringwall foundation under the tank is buried for a good part of its
depth.  Unless you are faced with the relatively less common situation
of having to support the rimgwall on piers, traditional ringwall will be
at least 30" deep and 12" wide.  If you assume some active pressure
acting inside the wall causing ring tension in the wall, some
reinforcement will br required.  Provide some nominal stirrups to keep
the longitudinal bars in position.  That amount of reinforcement should
be adequate, because shear and torsion is rarely a problem in ringwall
continuously supported on soil.

Rajendran