RE: How do we unite professional organizations

Please read Rawn Nelsons email from yesterday. I believe that there is an
understanding between organizations that the members were not familiar with
which should help reduce duplication of effort and create working
relationships.
Still, this does not minimize the importance of the tools and platforms that
SEAint has established and which can be used by these groups to enhance
their work.

We still have a goal to promote other organizations to use the tools that we
have created. If anyone wonders why we promote the tools here are some
suggestions:

1. They already exist and would save other organizations from the cost of
establishing personal servers.

2. Promote unity and offer non-active members in these committee's to share
information with their members and the generally engineering community.

3. SEAint List and Web services are provided free to anyone (professional or
associate) without expecting membership. There is a greater likelihood that
engineers from around the would will gravitate to the SEAint list and
Website as their source of information and to maintain contact with the work
and direction that the engineering community is moving.

I believe that, in time, most organizations will see these reasons as
primary to unifying the profession and bringing information into and out of
the committee's who are most active and into the offices of those of us who
wish to stay on top of our industry.

Dennis S. Wish PE