Re: RE: Bamboo structures

In a message dated 11/6/98 4:00:11 PM, Brent(--nospam--at)willislivermore.com writes:

>Wow - 30 stories?

I've understood that *all* buildings in Hong Kong--modern high rises
included--are (or at least were until recently) built with a cage of bamboo
scaffolding tied together and to the building as it progresses.  I never
imagined it would be freestanding without a building structure to stabilize
it.  Is that really the way it is?  Does anyone ever fall?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E. (who hasn't been to HK for 30 years)
Richmond CA