Re: Design via Internet (India & Mexico)

Maria-
Well, you missed my point.  MY CLIENTS would NEVER hire an engineering
firm that was so far away, nor would we ever consider the same thing.
So foreign firms are NOT THREAT WHATSOEVER to me, nor will they ever get
any work from me.  Period.  There is no arguing this point.

If you or your firm do not understand the value of a close working
relationship a design team can have, then that is even better for me.
Your ignorance is my advantage.

I understand that on very large projects that teams can be split up.
This is not necessarily that it makes no difference, but usually that
the consultants who are on the team bring an experience level that is
not available in one area.

The more people who think like you do, the more secure I feel in my
practice.

Small and mid size firms that specialize in doing work in their own
local area with teams of architects and consultants that all work close
together, can rest assured that outside foreign firms offer little or no
threat at all.

Lynn