RE: Design via Internet (India & Mexico)

I received both of Sib's comments - this one attached to Mr. Marrero's
opinions. In respect to those who do not wish this to continue, I invite
anyone with further comments to submit them to me in private. I would like
to respond to two issues before - I promise to make this brief.

Mr. Marrero stated: "This discussion has taken a lot of time from a big
group of engineers, and  at times it has become bias and racist. "
To this I respond (from my posts and those I have read), admittedly and
justifiably biased - in no manner of intent racist. With this I hold the
greatest distaste because too many believe that the only way to debate
issues that cross contents is to invite racist hatred. I need not be a
racist to hold an opinion. It is based on concern for the future of my
country - which is my opinion shared by many and equally disagreed with.

Mr. Marrero's comments are the same belief's that the majority if not all
people want - and Yes! Harry Chappin's song (which I believe you are
correct) had special meaning for my son and I. Unfortunately, the song was
true in our case although we are closer now.
The fact remains, that Mr. Marrero's comments are simply idealistic and as
much as we would like this to be the solution is not practical. I have done
my share to lobby, vote, write letters and speak my beliefs on this list as
they relate to my profession. I can do no more.
I do not feel that the corruption that occurs in corporate greed will every
change - simply because I don't believe their are enough people that are
willing to act on their convictions.
I might make one suggestion that could make a difference, although would not
be likely. For every corporation that chooses to leave this country solely
to increase profit at the expense of the workers of the country the
originated, the names of every Shareholder should be posted publicly in the
daily news of every major city. How will investors feel taking personal
responsibility for their greed?

Finally, I thank each and every one of you for your comments - agreeable or
not. I have stated my position in every way I know how. I no longer have a
need to resume (unless you wish to privately).

I believe that Maria may have had the best suggestions about finding ways to
make international projects work to the benefit of both. I learned early in
life that the best solution is not always the easiest one to accept. I'm
willing to accept this knowing that I've done my best to defend my position.
I wish you all well.

Sincerely,
Dennis Wish PE