From: BSD [mailto:bsd(--nospam--at)autobahn.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 1998 4:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: SHATTER THEORY

Hello:

I am designing a warehouse slab supporting racks with a Defined Traffic
Floor and racks.

The lift truck requires isles without shrinkage joints.  There the slab
panels will be 15'x150' without any joints

i ran across a reference referring to designing the slab panel utilizing
shatter theory, which requires 1/2% steel
ratio and will limit expected cracking to "micro-cracking" which is
acceptable for the lift-truck electronics.

I have designed rack slabs per PCI, WRI and slab drag theory but i haven't
previously heard of "shatter theory"

Does anyone no of a reference where I can find any information or other
opinions

thanks in advance

Bill
bsd