Re: Open Web Stl Joist Bridging

A carpentry spec will never require driving the nails point first and
expressly prohibit driving them head first.

There are usually general contract provisions that require "good
workmanship" or something of that nature, and in my state at least, licensed
contractors are bound by their licensing laws to follow recognized trade
standards in the way they build, to the extent the architect or engineer has
not directed otherwise. Presumably you have these general expectations in
your situation, too.

You give several well-recognized bases for your position that hanging these
features from truss bridging is not in accordance with good standards. What
authoritative basis does the field person have to the contrary? Your CD's
didn't need to prohibit everything that is recognized as bad prectice; that
field person's response is lame.

Charles O. Greenlaw,  SE     Sacramento CA

 The roof framing