Re: Boca Code Interpretation

Hello,

Could someone help me with a Boca Code interpretation?  We have a 4 level
parking deck in Virginia with live loads less than 100 psf.  We want to
reduce the live load for column design but we are not comfortable with the
Code's wording.  Section 1606.7.2.2 addresses live load of 100 psf or less
and includes public garages or open parking structures with exceptions in
the next subsection.

Section 1606.7.2.3 addresses live loads greater than 100 psf AND public
garages and open parking structures for the design of elements which support
more than one floor.

Does this mean that we can reduce the columns' live loads by 20%?

Thanks,

Byron Benson