RE: RE: Sculpture support problem

Oh dear!

I also forgot to mention the two base magnets would be necessary so as to
form a triangulated force system for lateral stability!!!!

An interesting problem.  What is stronger/stiffer than steel that can be
used as a cantilever system for environmental and people demands on the
structure?  What is invisible enough to be placed where it is acceptable to
the artist?

Best wishes,  Bruce S

Bruce Shephard
Principal Consultant (Seismic Risk)
Opus International Consultants Ltd
P O Box 12,003
Majestic Centre, 100 Willis Street, WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND
E-mail: bruce.shephard(--nospam--at)opus.co.nz
Telephone: +64 4 4717597 Bus,
           +64 4 5863652 Res.
Facsimile: +64 4 4711397