Re: Sculpture support problem

There is also a concern that, even if an anchor can be designed that suits artistic and structural issues, that the elements on the casting as well will have stresses around the anchor locality that may be excessive!  You should perhaps investigate a structure inside the beast that has its structural integrity that "flows" through the base into the body of the casting.  Maybe the horse should be shown passing over, or alongside, a log, tree trunk, or some other massive object that would disguise the anchoring system.  IMO whatever you do you have seriously cantilevered object.

Thor A. Tandy   P.Eng.,  MCSCE
Victoria, BC, Canada
e-mail: <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>

Subject: Re: Sculpture support problem