RE: Sculpture support problem

I think you're onto something there with the cart before the horse comment.

Maybe the answer is to have the sculptor add a cart aft'a the horse (as they
might say in certain New England Cities).  i.e. have the galloping horse
pulling a cart, which would then provide a convenient support system for the
levitation-challenged equine.

Or perhaps the man on the horse (was there a man on the horse?) could be
lassoing another horse, the lasso providing a secondary means of support.