Re: Sprinkler Line Seismic Bracing

> I recently reviewed some fire sprinkler shop drawings that had a typical
> detail indicating a diagonal seismic (sway) brace which was indicated as
> being connected into the bottom flange of the structural steel roof &
> floor beams (perpendicular to the beams).  When we informed the frie
> sprinkler sub contractor that this would create torsion that the beam was
> not designed for we received the response that "this is the way it is
> always done and no one else has ever questioned it"

Has anyone else had similar experiences? This is a national fire sprinkler
contractor that works all over the US including California.  It is going to
be a cost item for the project since the fire sprinkler subcontrator is
saying that the job was bid this way and will be more expensive to lengthen
the braces to connect them to the top flange of the steel beam.

Thanks for any responses,

Joshua Matthews.