Re: Design via Internet (India & Mexico)

Dear Dennis:

This will be my last intervention on this subject matter, in order to
clarify something.  When I answered the email it was not addressed to anyone
in particular.  If you take a look at my message it was  link to Maria
Isabel's email.  However let me apologize to you and to anyone else,  felt
offended by the content of the same.    As you know a lot of people had
intervened in this heated argument and sometimes the verbage has become too
emotionally charged.

The only point I was trying to stressed was that the economy is too closely
link to politics, and in our sort of society (pluralistic ones) the power is
funnel through pressure groups like the PACs.  Let me tell you something
about economy, back in the 60 there wer about 20 US made TV brands.   There
is barely one today (Cuthis Mathis).  Most of this brands were sold out to
Japan (remember Packard Bell).  Let me ask you something, Is the nation
better of without them?  Of course, the whole economy situation is better,
the prime is down and you can get a morgage for less than 7%.  Was there
some suffering back then, where are those labors?.  I am sure that some of
them are making computer monitors.  See the point is this, the economy and
all sectors are subject to some forces that shape them.  These forces are
like  growing pains or necessary evils that help them shape, adjust,
evolved, mutate and diversify.  Major corporations are investing in
different of products and companies.  Remember dont put all your eggs in one
basket.

Let discuss ethics.  For a moment pretend that you are a CEO of a company.
You willl be rated in accordance to the performance of the stocks.   If it
goes up you get a Lexus, but if it goes down you dont have a job, but
furthermore a decision taken by you can leave some fellows peers without
work.  You ecide to take your company overseas and develop software or do
drawings, what you rather do leave jobless all your locals or save the
company until the hardship is over? What will you do? If you can save four
out of ten, will you make the decision?  The point is this, there some
ethical arguments which do not have a yes or no answer, nor right or wrong.
Remember there are no easy solutions, just intelligent choice.

One last remark.  I would not be concern about the jobs going to Mexico or
India, sometimes your enemy come from within.  There some other forces right
in your market place that are very unfair and is taking jobs away from you.
In construction there is bid rigging, there are government officials being
bribe, there is under quotingetc..  And all of this is right in front of
your eyes. Once again life was not meant to be fair.

Dennis, I know that the drives behind your concerns are very honorable, ie.,
your family, nation, etc. but I think thet your arguments are address to a
small