From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 1998 8:35 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Hey, All You MS Excel Gurus Out There...

I could ask on a newsgroup, but you all are the biggest bunch o' Einsteins
I'M personally acquainted with.

I want to make the background shading of a cell contingent on the value of
the first cell in a column.  How can I do this (i.e. is there a formula that
affects shading?)

IOW:  Say I have a range C2:C14, and I want it to have either a white
(neutral, default) background, or a gray-shade, depending on the value of
cell C1.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!