Re: Adoption of 1997 UBC

Terri wrote:

> When may a jurisdiction adopt the 1997 UBC?

Legally, the 1997 UBC becomes effective for state agencies (OSHPD, DSA/SSS)
upon publication with amendment by the state.  This hasn't happened yet.
ICBO is the "publisher" for the state and, the last I've heard, it will be
available the end of this month.  It becomes effective for local
jurisdictions (cities counties, fire districts) 180 days latter, so about
June 1, 199 although some jurisdictions do adopt it before then.  The idea
though is to have a uniform date throughout the state for the changeover.
When the exact date is known, I will post it to the list.

Bob Bossi